Monday 3 September 2012

ROGER JOWETT

 
    
An inactive student, surprised to qualify.   Hopeless with computers.  Had fun at Pembury.   Met and proposed to Rachel aged 17yrs.
Her father was a farmer and he was prepared to provide a house and a field for my hunter IF I could get a job in Salisbury.
This was done in 1964 and we married in 1965,  Pat Anderson kindly acted as Best Man at our wedding.

 Two super sons born in 1967 and 1970 supplied us with four grandchildren aged 11, 10, 9 and 8 who now all live within 5 miles of our family home.




 My most important posts have been Chairman and Treasurer of the local Point to Point and Chairman of the Wilton Hunt.






 Sadly, osteoporosis, falls and fractures have grounded me now so that I have to watch other jockeys riding my horses; albeit with some success.

 My job now, is supervising the fruit department of our farm.

                               Roger Jowett

No comments:

Post a Comment